- Memorial Service for Mary Strawhand will be Today at 2:00 PM.
- We will have our final outdoor workday on Saturday at 9:00 AM. Our goal is to load the piles of brush we have on campus into the Dumpster by the road.
- The Hampton Roads Scholastic Chess Club has a tournament at the Church on Saturday, March 4, 2017. There will not be a breakfast on Saturday.
- There will be a brief Session (Elders) meeting following worship on Sunday. If you are scheduled to count, please find a substitute for this week so that we can meet quickly.
- March 5 at 2:00 PM the New Genesis Baptist Church will be hosting their Black History Month program in the Chapel. All are invited to attend.
- Our Next Prayer and Praise Service will be Sunday, March 12th at 6:00 PM.
- The Monday Morning Small group will begin meeting again on Monday, March 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM in room 104. We will be completing the Book of John.
2017 Passion Week Schedule
April 9, 2017 – Palm Sunday
April 11, 2017 – Passover Seder 6:00 PM (Donations accepted) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Seder is that famous Dinner called “The Last Supper,” hosted by Jesus for His disciples. It is probable, based on The Gospels, to assume that Jesus celebrated every Seder of His life in Jerusalem. Seder, as the setting for Jesus’ Last Supper, was the event Jesus chose to announce The New Covenant. And it was at this Seder that Jesus asked all of us to do this in remembrance of Him. Many of us have done part of the Seder at our various Communion Services, but the entire ceremony will bring us a profound sense of meaning.
April 14, 2017 – Good Friday Tennebrae Service, 7;00 PM
- A Service of Darkness. This service is a series of readings and music leading us through Passion week. With each reading a candle is extinguished culminating a a moment of darkness meant to symbolize the darkness of the death of Christ. The service concludes with the lighting of the Christ candle pointing to the resurrection on Easter Sunday.
April 16, 2017 – Easter Breakfast at 8:30 AM Sunday School 9:30 AM Easter Worship and Communion Service starts at 10:50 AM .